Therapy and Coaching FAQs
What is Sex Therapy?
Sex Therapy is a modality of sexual healing to help people with sexual dysfunctions become sexually functional. This involves addressing the psychological barriers to sexual health and well-being as well as providing sexual education and correction of limiting or false beliefs around sex and sexuality. Once healing has occurred, Sex Coaching can then take the individual or client to greater sexual awareness and fulfillment.
What is Sex Coaching?
Sex Coaching is a pathway for sexual growth. Sex Coaching is a client-focused approach that works with sexually functional individuals and couples to enable them to deepen and expand their experience of sex, love and intimacy. Depending on the needs of the client, it may include ancient and esoteric teachings (see Tantra Teaching), sex education and instruction. The Coach helps the client to discover and enhance their own eroticism to create a love life that is one of ongoing growth and fulfillment.
What is Relationship Coaching?
Relationship coaching is a client-focused service where an essentially functional individual or couple is guided to create their desired relationship with effective support and information. The Coach enables the client(s) to become clear about their needs, hopes and desires, and to develop understandings and strategies to achieve these in a mutually supportive way. While past hurts and history may be addressed, the focus is primarily on moving forward, with the aim of enabling ongoing personal and relationship growth.
What is Tantra Teaching?
Tantra is a spiritual and energetic approach to sex and life that comes from ancient India. Along with the Taoists of China and Qidosha from North America, these approaches to sex, love and intimacy are broader and deeper than conventional western understandings. Through practices that include breathing, mindfulness, energy and sensual touch, you will learn to connect with your partner in a way that is real, deep, poetic and intensely beautiful.
How long do I/we need to see you for?
Some clients only need one or two sessions, but most need more. These sessions can be taken in close succession, or spread out. Some people continue to see me every month for a year or more, to make sure the transformation is real and fully part of their lives. It's up to you.
How much are your sessions?
A single session is $250 including GST. An initial double session for couples is $450 including GST. There are no rebates available.
When are you available for sessions?
I am available for sessions from Wednesday to Friday, first session is at 9am, last of the day at 6.30pm. (Other days may be possible by special arrangement for clients visiting from out of town.) Sessions last for 60 minutes.
Where are you located?In person sessions are offered at my clinic in Rozelle, Sydney. The address is 2/758 Darling Street, Rozelle (enter from Denison Street). There is plenty of street parking and the 440 and 445 buses stop out the front on Darling Street.
I also provide sessions via skype and by phone.
What kind of issues do your clients come to see you for?
- Couple, wanting to keep long-term sex life strong.
- Couple, dealing with mis-matched libidos.
- Couple, needing to improve sexual communication.
- Couple, dealing with apathy and low sexual desire.
- Couple, dealing with affairs by one or both parties.
- Couple, wanting to learn Tantric practices.
- Couple, wanting to explore the kinkier sides of sex.
- Couple, wanting to explore or manage an open/poly relationship.
- Couple, little sexual experience, wanting information and education.
- Couple, newly together, sex not going well.
- Couple, wanting to learn how to make love with an unavoidable sexual dysfunction.
- Couple, wanting to learn how to make love with the sexual implications of a disability or disease.
- Couple, dealing with childhood sexual abuse of one or both parties.
- Couple, wanting to enter marriage/relationship with positive sexual expectations.
- Couple, wanting to maintain sexual activity now that have become or are becoming parents.
- Couple, wanting to negotiate around a fetish or fantasy.
- Couple, wanting to have good sex while undergoing IVF
- Couple, wanting to enjoy good sex in older age.
- Couple, wanting to have amicable separation.
- Couples, wanting advice on how to talk to children about sex.
- Male, long term relationship, sex has become dull and/or his partner is not interested.
- Male, premature ejaculator, wanting to last longer.
- Male, erectile problems.
- Male, unable to orgasm.
- Male, little sexual experience, wanting to feel more confident.
- Male, marriage deteriorating, feels inadequate as a lover.
- Male, after losing significant weight, wanting to work with new-found sexual vitality.
- Male, dealing with childhood sexual abuse.
- Male, older virgin.
- Male, wanting to develop his Tantric sexual techniques, particulalry to become multi-orgasmic.
- Male, dealing with low sexual and/or physical self-confidence.
- Male, wondering whether to stay in relationship or not.
- Male, concerned as to whether he's a sex addict.
- Male, concerned about a fetish or fantasy.
- Male, wanting to manage his excessive viewing of porn/excessive masturbation/excessive use of sex workers.
- Male, wanting to be as good a lover as possible.
- Female, bored sexually in marriage, wanting to explore options.
- Female, wanting to become more orgasmic.
- Female, wanting to become more sexually assertive.
- Female, wondering whether to stay in relationship or not.
- Female, with vaginismus (painful or impossible intercourse).
- Female, new relationship, wanting to hone up on technique and improve confidence.
- Female, wanting to deal with her affair.
- Female, concerned about sexual pain.
- Female, fearful of sex.
- Female, poor body image.
- Female, not liking her genitals.
- Female, dealing with childhood sexual abuse.
- Female, late virgin.
- Female, concerned about a fetish or fantasy.
- Female, recently separated after long marriage, wanting to prepare for new sexual encounters.
- Female, with Tantric experience, wanting to know how to train new partner in same.
- Female, wanting to learn Tantra and have energy orgasms.
- Female, wanting to 'know everything you know'.