Download Audio: Sexual Pleasure is the Great Equalizerread more
The LoveLife Blog: guidance on mindful, bodyful, soulful loving!
Download Audio: Neuroplasticity and Moulding Your Brain for Better Sexread more
I love the fact that brain researchers have proven this plasticity. Many years ago, as an undergraduate biochemistry student studying neuroscience, I was dismayed by the thinking of the day that the brain was simply a computer and the job of the scientist was to figure out what the bits were and how they interacted. I remember being scoffed at for suggesting it might be otherwise. So I didn’t pursue that line of study.
It’s interesting to observe the participants of a retreat.
As the days pass there’s an observable change in them, and they all report a significant change within themselves.
This is a great example of neuroplasticity - the brain changing its circuitry.
Given the opportunity for stillness and guided activities and reflection, the circuits of these people change quite rapidly.
This change in the brain allows for definite and continued positive change from that moment on.
Now we know that the brain is a wonderful organic system that constantly changes and adapts to the inputs coming into it, throughout the whole life. So if your life is stressful and you input negative thoughts, your brain circuitry will reinforce and... read more
To get there, we need to approach sex with a great deal more respect, with a great deal more intent and a great deal more commitment. We need to deepen connection and heighten eroticism, we need to feel comfortable enough to really open up and surrender to the experience - in whatever form of sex that might be. It's not all serious though! Great sex requires lightness and play, that's what leads to freedom.
Our bodies are exquisitely designed for sexual pleasure, our hearts and minds are capable of extraordinary sexual pleasure, and our souls yearn for that pleasure, as it gives us freedom, meaning and joy.
Was that poetic? I hope so, I want to put the poetry back into sex. Not that I'm ignoring the raunch, I love a good bit of raunch, but there's enough... read more
- #314: A Lingering Sense of Each Other
- #313: How Do You Know When You're Having Good Sex?
- #312: Conflict is Inevitable So Learn to Prevent, Manage and Repair
- #311: The Bridgerton Effect
- #310: Cuddle plus – an essential phase of the affection-sex continuum
- #309: Moment-by-Moment Consent
- #308: How To Give (and Receive) An Erotic Spanking
- #307: Three Types of Sexual Communication: Chit-chat, In the Moment & The Debrief
- #306: What I Desire
- #305: Lazy Sex
- #304: It's Not "Needy" to Connect, It's Human
- #303: The Art of the Thrust
- #302: Transformational Erotica
- #301: Sex as Embodied Mindfulness Practice
- #300: So Many Ways to Eat, So Many Ways to…
to LOVELIFE News for regular inspiration on sex, love and intimacy!