Sex Therapy & Relationship Coaching
Bring Clarity and Insight to You, Your Relationship and Your Life
At the LoveLife Clinic we believe sexuality is fundamental to happiness and well-being.
It's an area of life that can be pretty confusing for people, and difficult to resolve and improve on your own, so it's important to get a professional to help you out.
But it's also difficult to find that help - even well-meaning professionals are frequently lacking knowledge and skills to effectively help people in this area of life. Fortunately here at the LoveLife Clinic we are sex geeks! We have studied and trained to the highest level to be able to support you to truly gain clarity around your sexuality, individually and as a couple.
Our principal, Jacqueline Hellyer, is one of only a handful of certified Psychosexual Therapists in Australia, as registered with the Society of Australian Sexologists (SAS). She's been called a ‘Relationship Whisperer’ , 'a Shining Light in the Darkness' even a ‘Miracle Worker’.
She, and her associate, Alain Moulay, both have highly developed skills in helping people - individuals and couples - feel more confident, aware and inspired around all aspects of sex, love and intimacy.
You'll find that talking to us is a liberating experience. We have no need to judge or assess you, our only agenda is to enable you to transform and grow.
The LoveLife Sex Therapy Approach
At the LoveLife Clinic we take a holistic, integrated approach to sex therapy. While we each have our own unique approach, in general it is a transpersonal, psychobiological, somatic and positive psychological coaching approach:
- Transpersonal therapy addresses the whole person: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual,
- Psychobiological therapy utilises neuroscience, language and biological processes to aid in change,
- Somatic therapy enables you to go beyond your mind and feel into your body (note that this is touch-free therapy),
- Positive psychology focuses on your strengths rather dysfunctions,
- Coaching is client-centred, solution-focused, dynamic and brief.
When applied to this fundamentally important part of life Sex Therapy & Relationship Coaching allows you to find real meaning and fulfilment in your relationships, your sexuality and your life.
Types of Clients
We see three general types of couple clients:
- those in a bad place, often due to infidelity, needing help to heal as well as grow;
- those that are good partners but the sex isn’t so good, either mis-matched libidos, feeling jaded, or life getting in the way;
- those that are already good partners and lovers and want advice to become even better! (Often wanting to learn Tantra, explore openness, try new sexual activities.)
And we see three general type of individual clients:
- those wanting more sexual knowledge and confidence;
- those wanting to deal with concerns around desire, performance or orgasm;
- those wanting to find a partner.
How Sex Therapy & Relationship Coaching Can Help You
For couples in particular, unlike most relationship counsellors, we deal with the sexual side of things. Given how important sex is in a relationship, we believe it is ineffective not to address it, and strongly believe it’s why an integrated approach is so effective to helping people in all aspects of their relationship.
Whether single or partnered, our sexuality is at the core of being human. Quality sex is an extraordinary thing, and one that
has a hugely positive effect on us physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. By addressing your sexual issues,
you'll find that the whole of life improves.
The clinic is absolutely LGBTQIA positive and welcome clients of all sexual orientations and interests.
The Sex Therapy Process We'll Guide You Through
While the process will differ depending on your particular situation, essentially the approach we'll take is to help you:
figure out how you would like your sex life and relationship to be;
work out what changes you need to make in your thinking, behaviour and life-style to enable that to happen;
assist you to make those changes;
along the way, bust a lot of myths, give you real information and education, provide a lot of guidance and strategy;
and overall enable transformation at all levels of your being.
The sex therapy and relationship coaching sessions can be surprisingly enjoyable and freeing. The best things in life are fun, and sex is undoubtedly one of the best things in life, so we'll talk, we’ll laugh and we’ll lighten you up about the whole sex thing. At the same time we’ll look at you, your relationships and your life.
LocationThe LoveLife Clinic is at 3/748 Darling Street, Rozelle, Sydney, Australia.
There is plenty of street parking and the 440 and 445 buses stop out the front on Darling Street.
If you are based outside Sydney we can do sessions via skype. We have clients all over the world, and find that the video interface is very effective.
TimingsThe clinic is open Monday to Saturday. The first session of the day is at 9am, the last at 6pm.
Sessions last for 60 minutes.
FeesJacqueline's fees are $250 for a one-hour session, and $450 for an initial double session for couples.
Alain's fees are $175 for a one-hour session, and $300 for an initial double session for couples.
More Examples of Client Issues
- Couple, wanting to keep long-term sex life strong.
- Couple, dealing with mis-matched libidos.
- Couple, needing to improve sexual communication.
- Couple, dealing with apathy and low sexual desire.
- Couple, dealing with affairs by one or both parties.
- Couple, wanting to learn Tantric practices.
- Couple, wanting to explore the kinkier sides of sex.
- Couple, wanting to explore or manage an open/poly relationship.
- Couple, little sexual experience, wanting information and education.
- Couple, newly together, sex not going well.
- Couple, wanting to learn how to make love with an unavoidable sexual dysfunction.
- Couple, wanting to learn how to make love with the sexual implications of a disability or disease.
- Couple, dealing with childhood sexual abuse of one or both parties.
- Couple, wanting to enter marriage/relationship with positive sexual expectations.
- Couple, wanting to maintain sexual activity now that have become or are becoming parents.
- Couple, wanting to negotiate around a fetish or fantasy.
- Couple, wanting to have good sex while undergoing IVF.
- Couple, wanting to enjoy good sex in older age.
- Couple, trying decide whether to stay together or not.
- Couple, wanting to have amicable separation.
- Couples, wanting advice on how to talk to children about sex.
- Male, long term relationship, sex has become dull and/or his partner is not interested.
- Male, premature ejaculator, wanting to last longer.
- Male, erectile problems.
- Male, unable to orgasm.
- Male, little sexual experience, wanting to feel more confident.
- Male, marriage deteriorating, feels inadequate as a lover.
- Male, after losing significant weight, wanting to work with new-found sexual vitality.
- Male, wanting to develop his Tantric sexual techniques, particulalry to become multi-orgasmic.
- Male, dealing with low sexual and/or physical self-confidence.
- Male, wondering whether to stay in relationship or not.
- Male, concerned as to whether he's a sex addict.
- Male, wanting to manage his excessive viewing of porn/excessive masturbation/excessive use of sex workers.
- Male, wanting to be as good a lover as possible.
- Female, bored sexually in marriage, wanting to explore options.
- Female, wanting to become more orgasmic.
- Female, wanting to become more sexually assertive.
- Female, wondering whether to stay in relationship or not.
- Female, with vaginismus (painful or impossible intercourse).
- Female, new relationship, wanting to hone up on technique and improve confidence.
- Female, wanting to deal with her affair.
- Female, concerned about sexual pain.
- Female, fearful of sex.
- Female, poor body image.
- Female, not liking her genitals.
- Female, recently separated after long marriage, wanting to prepare for new sexual encounters.
- Female, with Tantric experience, wanting to know how to train new partner in same.
- Female, wanting to learn Tantra and have energy orgasms.
- Female, wanting to 'know everything you know'.
- Individual, wanting to know if they're 'normal'.
- Individual, needing to deal with childhood sexual abuse.
- Individual, concerned re virginity (usually late virgin)
- Individual, wanting to move on from damaging relationship
- Individual, wanting to find a new partner
- Individual, concerned with fetish or fantasy
- Individual, wanting to learn about Tantric approaches to love-making
- Individual, wanting to be a better lover!